I’m taking a small break in transmission to talk about something else. I’m referring to the #DaysOfArm articles that I’ve been writing about (here). Yesterday and for the past few weeks, we’ve been running a pilot of a 4-part webinar series which we’ve called Oracle Tech Talks. Let me explain.
This is a pilot and its got a purpose. Let me put this down here.
- Sometimes we just need to chat.
- Sometimes we just need to have a place where we talk openingly around topics.
- Sometimes it’s just hard to get time to talk with others about specific topics.
- Sometimes it’s just hard to get a diverse perspective.
These are some of the things that we wanted to “pilot”. And this is what we have done so far.
- 3 webinars primarily with the team of Jason Grogan (here), Stuart Coggins (here), Jason Reinhardt (here) and Sonal Gupta (here) and myself (here)
- 3 topics focused on data management
- An open forum of banter and questions (like an Ask Me Anything approach)
- Recordings of these sessions made available on youtube (available below)
The main things that is resonating with this format are:
- We got a flood of questions that people wanted to ask.
- We also got different sessions that people want to have in this format.
- We worked on getting answers to these people (live or afterwards).
- We “aren’t” all database people. So, the diverse thinking and experiences is showing.
- We “aren’t” professional speakers. We are professional technologists – on the tools.
As I mentioned upfront, this is a pilot of 4 webinars. We have one to go on the 2nd July, 2021. If you are keen to be an attendee for the last webinar of the pilot, reach out to me @ email@example.com and I can share a link.