If you had come here because of the link in the information pack, great. If you have come here because you found this page through other means – read on and if you are inspired to contribute (on April 16-19) – head to the Hackmakers site (here) to register for this event.
What we are doing for the #WorldInnovationDay Hack 2021 is bringing together technology into context for some very worthy reasons. Because what we are doing here is something that as individuals and as teams can make that impact happen (well after the hackathon has finished).
We are wanting to give people the technology and the speed to deliver on these outcomes. So, here’s a few things that I’ve put together to help people get started.
We will be providing access, support and knowledge with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) during the hackathon because we see the endless possibilities where you can take these solutions to help with these challenges. We are embracing that too. Everyone that registers and participates will the opportunity to request for access to a promotional OCI tenancy to use with $500 USD credits and no credit card details. This is all part of the give.
From past hackathons, we noticed a trend of what technologies and services are being used by the winning teams. Here are the top resources with some additional references.
- For a single platform to store JSON, Graph & Spatial, perform ML or deliver Low-Code Apps, teams used Autonomous Database (here)
- For establishing infrastructure with your OS of choice, teams used OCI Compute (here)
- For Jupyter notebooks and ML packages, teams used Data Science Cloud (here)
- For quick self-service and data visualisation, teams used Analytics Cloud (here)
- For making sure everything is secured, teams used Oracle Security (here)
- For most things you need for #AppDev, teams used Oracle AppDev (here)
We know that speed is important to delivery as much as you can in a short period of time. So, to help with the learning process – we’ve got these “Live Labs” that do exactly that – helps the learning by executing. Here’s a small number that I’ve picked for different purposes.
- For those who are interested in a single platform to store data (here)
- For those who want to #lowcode (here)
- For adding Blockchain to your datasets (here)
- For those who are interested in data science (here)
- For ML on datasets in the database (here)
- For data storytelling with data visualisation (here)
- For building microservices applications (here)
We’ve also have over the past few months been delivering virtual developer events including Speakers, Panels and Hands-On labs. You can also check out topic like AI/ML, Cloud-Native Apps and Advances in Data Management. You can find over 20 hours of content (here) to get the best out of these solutions.
If you inspired to participate – register. If you willing to contribute and mentor – register. If you think that this is worth letting other know – share this post or share the Hackmakers site (https://hackmakers.com).
Every little bit helps – each conversation, each like or comment on a post, each blog or nod of endorsement, each line of code or article researched, each piece of data visualised, each team pitched.
Every little bit helps. Because #CommunityMatters #ItTakesAVillage #ReshapeTheFuture #WorldInnovationDayJason Lowe