In this post I will show you how you can setup Autonomous DB monitoring in Oracle Management Cloud (OMC) in under 5 minutes.
NOTE: Make sure you have the appropriate policies setup before you start.
You will need to obtain your OCI User Information associated with your Autonomous Database (ADB) instances from the OCI Console.
- Click on the user icon in top right hand corner of OCI console.
- Select User Settings
- On the User Details page, make a copy of the User OCID
- In addition to this, make a copy of the API Key Fingerprint.
You will need to obtain your OCI Tenant Information associated with your Autonomous Database instances from the OCI Console.
- Navigate to Administration > Tenancy Details
- On the Tenancy Information page, make a Copy of the Tenancy OCID.
HINT: If OCID is hidden, you can click on Show to display entire value if you wish.
In another browser session, launch the OMC Console.
HINT: If the side menu does not appear, click on menu icon
From the side menu, navigate to:
- Select Administration
- Select Discovery
- Select Cloud Discovery Profile
On the Cloud Discovery Profiles Page:
Click on + Add Profile
The Add Discovery Profile Page will appear.
- Specify a Profile Name (eg. ADWPROFILE1)
- Choose Cloud Service Provider Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Click + Add
- Select Region (eg. Frankfurt)
- Select Services (eg. Autonomous Data Warehouse)
- Enter Credential Name (eg. ADWCRED)
- Enter User OCID (eg. ocid1.user.oc1.xxxxx)
- Enter Tenancy OCID (eg. ocid1.tenancy.oc1.xxxxx)
- Enter the associated Private key with user API Key
- Enter the Fingerprint (eg. nn:nn:nn:nn:nn:nn:nn)
- Click on Start Discovery
On the Cloud Discovery Profiles Page, wait for discovery to complete.
- Click on the Job Status Count
- Verify that the Service was completed successfully
This completes the setup. Now you are ready to start monitoring and managing your Autonomous Database in OMC. Click here here for more.