Customization is essential part of any SaaS implementation to capture unique business needs. In NetSuite SaaS application also, there could be several use-cases where user might need to create a new Custom Object or add custom fields into existing Standard Object such as Contact, Account and Organization etc. In this blog I will be showing how can we add Custom fields e.g. Degree name and Passing Year etc. into existing NetSuite Contact object and can update the same field using Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) NetSuite adapter.
Please Note: NetSuite Adapter handles the Custom fields in very different way in compare to other adapters. Due to NetSuite API limitation, OIC Adapters not able to discovers Custom fields created in NetSuite which could be concern to many Customers. However, Oracle NetSuite Integration Adapter provide a way to specify manually all those Custom fields using InternalId and ScriptId and assign associated values coming from Source System to those fields and that’s the core objective of writing this blog to show to reader how we can manually add and assign values to NetSuite Custom fields using OIC NetSuite Adapter.
The use case scenarios –
Below are the high level steps user need to perform to achieve outcome.
- NetSuite – Create Custom Entity fields in NetSuite for Contact object
- OIC – Create NetSuite Adapter connection as Target System
- OIC – Create REST Connection as Source System
- OIC- Workout Request Response Payload for REST Adapter Input
- OIC – Create Integration, do mapping and Activate Integration
- OIC – Test Integration using POSTMAN
- NetSuite – Verify Contact object details